Yoga Nidra Vs. Meditation Circle
Yoga Nidra is an ancient practice of relaxation also known as ‘sleep yoga’ which is done in the Shavasana pose. During Yoga Nidra, the facilitator will guide you through a series of breathwork which leads to the relaxation of the entire body, mind and spirit. It is quite passive, the only thing that you’ll need to do is let go and surrender. Even though it is known as Sleep Yoga, it brings you to a deeper level of consciousness where you feel like you’re asleep but you’re still conscious.
Benefits of Yoga Nidra:
1) Reduces stress and anxiety. Releases build-up tension in the body and mind.
2) Your body has an opportunity to heal: Yoga Nidra slows down your brain waves.
4) Reduces chronic pain.
5) Reduces PMS symptoms.
6) You’ll feel rested: Yoga Nidra improves sleep and reduces insomnia.
7) Set your intention and plant the seeds of future growth.
8) Helps you break free from worldly thoughts.
The best part is, you don't need to do anything! Just lay down and surrender.
Meditation Circles which we will be conducting here would be the New Moon Meditation Circle and Full Moon Meditation Circle. During a Meditation Circle, you will be sitting with your spine erect and you will be an active participant in your inner journey. New Moon Meditation focuses on bringing in your desires and setting your intention for the coming month. Full Moon Meditation focuses on releasing and letting go of everything that serves you no more. Each New Moon and Full Moon have specific topics that we can work on. Your facilitator will bring you on a guided meditation journey which uses visualization. This type of meditation can bring about deep healing and transformation.
Benefits of Meditation Circle:
1. Use the power of visualization to transform and heal.